AG patch submission

Daniel Hellstrom daniel at gaisler.com
Thu Feb 2 14:30:27 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm new at the list so I thought I could might as well introduce my self shortly. I work as a software engineer at Aeroflex Gaisler (www.gaisler.com), mostly with drivers and kernel development for
RTEMS, Linux and VxWorks. At AG we work with the 32-bit SPARC v7/v8 compatible LEON processor and the GRLIB IP-library.

AG distributes precompiled RTEMS toolchains and kernel sources for SPARC/LEON customers called RCC, we have made modifications to the kernel sources. We wish to push in as many of our patches as
possible to the official kernel. At the moment there are about 70 patches, I believe and hope the first 50 patches has potential of going in without too much effort/discussion. The other 20 rely on a
new PCI Manager and a new Driver manager, so I will wait with them to the first 50 have been processed.

Some of the patches relate on others, some are bug-fixes and some are new features or improvements. Most of our work is SPARC and LEON BSP related. I will file a bugzilla PR for every bug-fix that
fixes code that has been released in a stable release, and send new features/improvements onto this user-devel list. For the sake of overview and work load I will send the patches in chunks and
describe all of them on the list here. Please comment if you wish a specific patch be filed as PR instead, or vise versa.

Since I have all my patches in a GIT repository I will generate the patches using 'git format-patch', if there is a format problem please let me know.

Please see next email.

Regards,
Daniel Hellstrom
Aeroflex Gaisler