Interested in GSoC 2017 Project: Memory Protection.

Abhimanyu Rawat h2015081 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Thu Mar 9 19:14:18 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

I am Abhimanyu Rawat, a Computer Science Masters degree student from BITS
Pilani Campus, India. I found Memory Protection project #2904
<https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2904> very interesting and vital for the
the RTEMS. Among the lots of projects listed on the ideas page, Memory
Protection draws me to RTEMS as it's a very challenging project and I would
thoroughly enjoy working on it. I am a really enthusiastic person who would
like to contribute to the project. I have previous experience in C, C++ and
Python etc.  At present I am an intern at EMC ^2 where I am working on
DataDomain Operating system, building configuration tool for the latest
DDOS software update. I have also lead a BITS-Stanford inter-university
project, where my team worked on Django based project with an inbuilt
authorization tool + chat application etc. I usually help my friends with
their projects as well.

As required, I went through the initial brief about the project and I think
it would be a valuable addition to RTEMS. Also, I have completed the
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/GettingStarted, and configured and Built
RTEMS for SPARC/erc32. Subsequently, I have the snapshot of the terminal
showing my name and the GSOC text as pictured here
<https://devel.rtems.org/attachment/wiki/GSoC/GettingStarted/SPARC-SIS-HelloWorld-Modded.png>.
Kindly tell me how to send the proof of the terminal and the diff file as
required.

It would be great if you can give me some pointers about the structure of
the project and the direction I should pursue.

Overall, I look forward to working with the community and improving my
skills by actively contributing to the project(in long run also).

*Closing with thank you and warm Regards,*

*Abhimanyu Rawat*
*M.E. Computer Science, *
*CS/IS Department, BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus*
*Email - h2015081 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
<h2015081 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in> / abhimanyurawat at yahoo.com
<abhimanyurawat at yahoo.com>*
*Phone. 08930399302 (call/Whatsapp), 09466899302*

ᐧ