ARM and PowerPC Shared Linkcmds Alignment Issue

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jan 31 20:10:34 UTC 2018

Hi

I am debugging a paravirtualized BSP. On the ARM and PowerPC,
we want to use the linkcmds.share infrastructure but both use
ALIGN_WITH_INPUT for the first .data section.

For these BSPs, we need the .data to be on a 4K page boundary.
Would adding something like bsp_section_rwbarrier_align be OK?

bsp_section_data_align = DEFINED ( bsp_section_data_align ) ?
bsp_section_data_align : 1;

and in the first .data section

. = ALIGN (bsp_section_data_align)?

I really don't want to duplicate a linker script. I want to reuse this
infrastructure.

Any thought?

Thanks.

--joel