Beginning work on BSP for i.MX RT 10xx (1052 specifically)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sat Feb 8 20:16:43 UTC 2020

I will begin working on a BSP for the i.MX RT 10xx family.  I require support for a 1052 but will be developing on a 1064 so those two variants will have some test coverage.

I plan to start my work by making this a variant of the "imx" BSP.  That currently supports the "i.MX7D Applications Processor".

I think that the network support provided by the "libbsd" "if_ffec" driver will work with the ENET interface on the i.MX RT.
I think that initial support will be a straight-forward collection of already working pieces.

- If anyone has any warnings or "heads-up"s then let me know.
- I haven't been working with "device trees".  These are required for the "imx" BSP.  Is this the preferred direction for a BSP?
- If anyone has any suggestions for how to ultimately arrange things then let me know.  Right now, before I've gotten started, I plan to make this BSP a variant in the "imx" BSP and to try to either re-use existing "chip" library routines or add new ones.

Unfortunately this will definitely be a BSP supporting only what I need for the current application.

Peter