Raspberrypi3: AUX Uart driver

Niteesh gsnb.gn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 08:32:26 UTC 2020

We could now run RTEMS on Rpi3. I tried examples from the samples section
and they run
fine. But still, a lot of functionality has to tested since it uses the
RPI2 BSP. To test these examples
I used a simple driver for the AUX.
The documentation from BCM link
<https://www.raspberrypi.org/app/uploads/2012/02/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf>
(pg
no 10) states that

> *The implemented UART is not a 16650 compatible UART However as far as
> possible the first 8 control and status registers are laid out like a 16550
> UART.*

My question is can we use the existing ns16550 driver or should I create a
new one? I also checked the address of the registers the offsets don't seem
right to me, but someone should check and correct me if I am wrong.