RTEMS FS locking

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:51:28 UTC 2020

Hi All

I'm the Yaffs Guy and have been asked to do some work refreshing the
Yaffs core code that is in Sebastian's rtems-yaffs git as well as
integrate it into the Yaffs tests.

After a few false starts I now have an understanding of how to build a
simulation test environment based on the quickstart guide - thanks to
those that helped me.

When going through Sebastian's wrapper I noticed that some functions
are locked with the yaffs lock and some are not. At first I thought
that might be a locking bug, but then I noticed that some higher level
functions call rtems_filesystem_instance_lock() and some do not.
rtems_filesystem_instance_lock() results in the yaffs lock being
taken, so that is all good.

Can someone please explain the rationale for when
rtems_filesystem_instance_lock is used and when not?

THanks

Charles