GSoC POSIX Compliance: Can't Build RTEMS Tool Suite Anymore

Matthew Joyce mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 13:33:08 UTC 2021

Dear Mentors,

I'm sorry to report that I've taken one step forward and three steps
back. Since last night, I'm having trouble building the RTEMS tool
suite at all. I keep getting the same error (attached).

Steps I've taken to attempt to resolve:
1) Tried to check out previous commits and rebuild from there.
2) sudo yum update && upgrade
3) Followed the quick-start guide from scratch (clone rsb and source
into a new development directory, still fails in 2.4, Install the tool
suite).

How I got here: I applied my initial header patch to rsb using the
blog guide and rebuilt the tool set. It built successfully, but then
failed when I ran waf. (Compiler had issues with my use of the keyword
"restrict".) I then created a new patch without "restrict", just to
see if it would compile. I deleted the old patch from the
tools/rtems-gcc-10-newlib-head.cfg and put the new one in.

I'm guessing that was not correct based on my experience of the last 15 hours!

I'm really looking forward to your feedback and advice when you can.
Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Matt