Status of CAN API?

Philip Kirkpatrick p.kirkpatrick at reflexaerospace.com
Wed Aug 9 12:38:36 UTC 2023

Hello,

Some people on our team here at Reflex are preparing to implement some CAN
drivers.  Specifically for TMS570 and for ZynqMP-RPU (side note my latest
patch for that on Jun 29th is still sitting there unreviewed).  I was
wondering what the current status of the CAN API is.
I saw in August of last year and API was added and then last month was
reverted with this patch:
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2023-July/076013.html
The comment on the patch says the API isn't mature enough for release.
What deficiencies need to be resolved in the API, is this being actively
worked on, and should we design against this API or is there a different
API we should target?

Thank you,
Phil