[rtems-tools]rtems-ld issue?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 30 22:05:15 UTC 2023

On 31/8/2023 12:48 am, zhengxiaojun wrote:
> Hi,
>    I use the latest rtems-tools to generate RAP file, I found the object file
> become too small(elf,2184bytes==>rap,736bytes) and the file loaded failed, error
> message like this "load app.out error:offset past end of file: offset=736
> size=736 error."

What arch and BSP?

>    I reverted the rtl-rap.cpp commit( 0ad4aaafc20afcb5aacb7a82b0b3a8150b638975
> linker/rap: Ignore relocation records with no section), the rap file can be loaded.

I think the commit has the wrong ticket id, it should be 4069 ...

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4069

My guess is the length includes the relocs that have been dropped because they
do not have a symbol section. A reloc without a symbol section cannot be located
because you do not know the section to locate it against.

Are you able to review the rtems-ld code for the issue?