Add Formal Verification chapter v4

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Sep 21 15:41:10 UTC 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 9:36 AM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 21.09.23 17:28, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> > I've taken a look and resolved / commented. We can leave some of the
> > `sis` specific bits, with the understanding that hopefully the
> > simulation target can be made more generic in the future. This could be
> > a potential GSoC project for Prequalification to hook it up to
> > `rtems-tools.git/tester` to make use of the capabilities we already have
> > for running simulators.
>
> The model based tests are not target-specific. You could run them with
> any (simulator) BSP.

Yes, I suspected that. However, the documentation is currently written
toward sis. It may be better to point the reader to another doc that
explains how to run tests, such as
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/tools/tester.html

I don't recall any documentation that discusses simulator targets specifically.