Cortex-M floating point (Was: RTEMS 6 branching)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Apr 25 00:16:15 UTC 2024

On 24/4/2024 10:37 pm, Cedric Berger wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> On 23.04.2024 19:56, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> 1. Are all the things need for the release resolved? Tickets reviewed?
>> It would be nice to have the interrupt get/set priority API in RTEMS 6. The Cortex-M floating point issue is not yet fixed in the RTEMS master.
>
> Do you have any feedback on the two patches that I posted on the ticket, which
> seems to fix the issue?

Thanks to everyone for responding. It seems clear the 6 branch will happen once
GitLab is launched. Once we launch the 6 milestone can be used with burndown and
burnup charts
(https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/milestones/burndown_and_burnup_charts.html)
to track the branch point.

I know I am getting ahead of myself but once we have GiLab running and you have
a patch you would like merged please make a merge request. If there is an issue
please make sure it is on the 6.1 milestone or create one and assign it to the
milestone.

In the meantime Amar and I will take a look at the release notes. We think these
can be based on a ChangeLog report created via the GitLab API. The wrinkle here
is the API needs a key and that of course cannot be exposed in commits.