utf32 support

John Howard echosoft.llc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:53:13 UTC 2024

A 32 bit character type is supported by FreeBSD.

Unicode 2012 says utf32 must be a 32 bit signed integer. Unicode only defines the Codepoint character attribute.

RTEMS now uses libBSD and newlib. Need kernel to support the Codepoint range of values. Applications can then use additional user-defined character attributes.

— John

P.S.: UTF32 exists for Unicode in 2012 after consolidation from ISO 10646-2012. The two standards merged.