Functions defined both in RTEMS and NEWLIB.

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Mon Mar 27 11:04:02 UTC 2000

Hello,

I'm configuring/building the RTEMS snapshot (20000118) for PowerPC/papyrus
target as a first step of my attempt to port 4.x RTEMS to the MPC5xx
processors. I use gcc-2.95.2 and newlib-1.8.2 (actually the latest version
from CVS).

The question is: where reentrant syscalls (_read_r, etc.) should reside? In
RTEMS code or in NEWLIB? They were defined in both places and I removed them
from NEWLIB by adding -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED to the 'newlib_cflags' in
the RTEMS section of NEWLIB configuration file (newlib/configure.host). Is it
the right thing to do? If so, then should I send a patch to Cygnus, or
somebody from OAR will do it?

Thanks,
Sergei Organov.