Question about rels

Radzislaw Galler rgaller at ET.PUT.Poznan.PL
Tue Jul 31 16:14:58 UTC 2001

Hi,

I want to improve a bit the console driver in gensh2 BSP. All code is written
and tested and now I want to put it into RTEMS tree.

As I noticed all objects in libbsp are linked into *.rel files. I have put
all initialized variables into a file named config.c. It would be easy to
replace the configuration in application by redefining the variables but the
file config.c always gets linked causing link error.

I thought about putting config.o out of console.rel as a separate module but
right now I don't know if it is right approach (my gut-instinct tells me that
it is not).

Could someone point me into right direction?

Regards

Radek

P.S. Background info for gensh2 maintainers: I have managed to write
"libchip-style" termios console serial driver able to work in interrupt and
event driven mode. It uses c/src/lib/libsp/shared/console.c instead of
c/src/lib/libbsp/sh/shared/console.c