redboot and RTEMS?

Anthony J. Bogner tbogner at draper.com
Mon Sep 23 20:55:54 UTC 2002

Has anyone considered/used RedBoot to download and debug their RTEMS
application?  I've built both RedBoot and RTEMS to investigate functionality.
Thus far I have used GRUB to download my RTEMS application to
my 386 hardware (with no ethernet) but would like to be able to use the
serial line with GDB.  To date I have downloaded my RTEMS application
with Redboot and watch it run but, as you would expect, the RTEMS code
blows away RedBoot once it initializes the processor in its startup routine.

Reports on your success or problems on this approach would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RTEMS newbie,
Tony