Last bit of info on objcopy ieee problem

Chris Welch cwelch at neumes.com
Thu Sep 26 20:03:25 UTC 2002

As far as I can tell the problem relates to the usage of structures that are
defined like:

typedef struct
{
} StructName;

According to Stroustrup this creates a nameless type, hence why it can't be
found when the match is attempted in the IEEE translation.

At this point, I'm confident it has nothing related to RTEMS so I'll move it
over to the crossgcc list when I get a chance.

I can add a structure name to my stuff, but then I hit these types of
definitions in the OS and the translation fails.

That being said, any suggestions or work arounds if you have hit this
problem would be appreciated.

----
Chris Welch, Neumes Consulting, PC and UNIX Solutions
mailto:cwelch at neumes.com
613)797-7831 FAX:(613)838-5602
http://www.neumes.com