RDBG on pc386

Charles Steaderman charlies at poliac.com
Tue Jan 14 17:15:42 UTC 2003

I am working on getting remote debugging working on pc386. I have successfully
built rtems-ss-20021118 with RDBG support. I am using i386-RTEMS-gdb-5.0-7 for
my debugger. I can connect and attach to my target system. When I type 'info
threads', though, I get a list of threads, but the task names are not valid.
This in and of itself is not a problem, but I am concerned that there is a
possible mismatch between the client debugger and the target. The BIG question
that I have is how to keep the target system from running my entire application
before I have a chance to attach to it? I would like to be able to step though
each task's initialization, as if I loaded the target and stopped at the end of
the Init task. Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Charlie

--