dynamic device driver

Carl-Johan Hansson cjhansson at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:45:37 UTC 2003

Hi!

I have just started to work with RTEMS and know I reached the point when I
need to add a device driver. It's a driver for a CAN controller developed at
my company so I've not tried to find one already written. I've managed to
add a driver to the table and I can call functions like: open, ioctl, write,
read, and close. All this works fine, but it's very static and I've to
recompile RTEMS every time I make a change to the driver.
I've read somewhere that it's possible to add a driver dynamically in an
application but I can't find any example of it. Can anyone give me more
information about this or maybe even send me an example of how to do it?

/Calle