"Can't obtain network semaphore"

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Tue Dec 14 16:59:19 UTC 2004

I need to revisit this problem as I am seeing it again. The error message
comes from "rtems_glue.c:312" and it's frequency of occurrence seems to
move around with the build.  If I place a breakpoint on that line my
backtrace displays the following :

         #4      0x0013a108      in      _Thread_Handler () at
threadhandler.c:129
         #3      0x0011df64      in      taskEntry () at rtems_glue.c:587
         #2      0x0010e3b4      in      fec_tcDaemon () at network.c:698
         #1      0x0011e07e      in      rtems_bsdnet_event_receive () at
rtems_glue.c:642
         #0      rtems_bsdnet_semaphore_obtain () at rtems_glue.c:312

All of my network functions, telnet, streaming audio, web server, are in
their own threads.  No network functions are accessed from an interrupt.

Any suggestions?

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd.