Posix Threads : Classic API works on posix bsp?

sashti srinivasan svasn_rtems at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 03:42:01 UTC 2004

 Hello,

      Thanks for clearing me.  My aim is to compare
 rtems with linux.  I want a platform in which both
 of them can run.  Hence I chose to compare rtems over
 linux(posix) with user-mode-linux over linux.  Since
 pthreads do not work on this BSP, I think, I have to
 use classic API only.  Please guide me on whether
 this works fine on posix BSP in same way as embedded
 targets.  Is there anything else that makes posix
 BSP differ significantly from others?

 With Regards
 Srinivasan
 --- Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:
 > Ralf Corsepius wrote:
 >
 > >On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 10:18, sashti srinivasan
 > wrote:
 > >

 > > My target platform is linux. i.e.,
 > >
 > >>I built rtems without --target option.
 > >>

 > >That's the problem: RTEMS's pthreads are
 supported
 > for embedded targets
 > >only, but not with the unix/posix BSP.
 > >

 > It would take some work to make the UNIX target
 work
 > such that all
 > embedded features
 > were there.  Essentially you can't use the native
 > library at all and
 > have to use system
 > calls for IO and bind that to RTEMS C library.
 This