Help with Bochs Needed

Richardson, Anthony ar63 at evansville.edu
Mon Oct 25 12:15:53 UTC 2004

I can't seem to get applications running under
Bochs.  I'm trying to get the hello example running.

I'm using RTEMS 4.6.2 under cygwin.  I configure
using the i386-rtems target and the pc386 BSP.
Everything seems to compile and build without any
problems.

I copy the hello.exe to my hard disk image and start
Bochs.  At the grub prompt I type:

   root (hd0,0)
   kernel /hello.exe

and grub responds

   [Multiboot-elf, <0x100000:0x18fc4:0x2768>, shtab=0x11c140,
entry=0x10000c]

which seems to indicate that grub recognizes it as a proper kernel
anyway.

I then type (at the grub prompt):

   boot

The bochs screen goes blank, but then nothing is displayed.

I've tried some of the other examples with similar results.

Am I doing something incorrectly or am I overlooking something?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony Richardson