netboot problems (hello.bt)

rtwas rtwas at comcast.net
Sun Sep 5 00:44:00 UTC 2004

Hello,

After getting the RTEMS to build correctly, I now find I am having
trouble getting the
'*.bt' images to work with netboot.

         os: rh9
netboot: netboot-0.9.8
   bootp:  2.4.3
      tftp:  tftp-server-0.32-4.i386.rpm

The system seems to work fine with other images, ie., linux images.
However hello.bt
hangs before completing the dl.

I have netboot in *debug* mode so it shows a packet dumb screen.
Normally when it is
done downloading it asks you to (hit any key) to finish.

With hello.bt it does this but it has obviously not completed the dl as
the total size of the
file is not listed and not near enough packet's have scrolled.

When I do *strike any key* I get:

Bootrom Error: PXE-3C

Network boot error

:(

The (hello.exe) images work great on the same pc target using grub BTW.

Thanks.

Robert W.