cygwin build_alias issue (and a possible workaround...)

Bogdan Vacaliuc bvacaliuc at ngit.com
Tue Sep 14 00:50:07 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that data point.  I guess there is still a deficiency.  Please try this (since it is easy for you, I think):

Add a function using the option=value items from your test-fail script into the test-configure script.  I would expect the failure
to occur on the autoconf generated configure more-or-less with the same frequency as when you call your test script.

I did this here and got this:

[/jail/cygwin-1.5.11.1-bash] ./test-configure fail_cjohns
Running using function fail_cjohns()...
*** TEST 0 ***
*** TEST 1 ***
*** TEST 1 FAILS ***
configure: error: invalid variable name: build_alias
[/jail/cygwin-1.5.11.1-bash] ./test-configure fail_cjohns
Running using function fail_cjohns()...
*** TEST 0 ***
*** TEST 1 ***
*** TEST 1 FAILS ***
configure: error: invalid variable name: build_alias
[/jail/cygwin-1.5.11.1-bash] ./test-configure fail_cjohns
Running using function fail_cjohns()...
*** TEST 0 ***
*** TEST 1 ***
*** TEST 2 ***
*** TEST 2 FAILS ***
configure: error: invalid variable name: build_alias

[NOTE: I had to remove all (3?!) references to --srcdir=, but other than that it's the same as your command line in test-fail]

I have observed sensitivity to kind and quantity of arguments as well; perhaps the build system stirs in additional entropy?  It
would be better if we could come up with a list that covers *all* machines and environments.  Clearly mine is less than that right
now.

Thanks!

-bogdan