[pc386 BSP] ticker.exe issue (CVS head)

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Jan 30 17:51:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Karel Gardas wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I was not able to find out which toolchain combination I used in August
>> 2005, nor which exact version of RTEMS I used that days. I've tried to get
>> back in CVS history, but also w/o success.
>>
>> Anyway, I tried to debug this issue, and I started with hacking ticker.exe
>> test. I've added some printfs and/or a bit waiting before creating next
>> task and now I see at least TA3 is running as expected. The issue is while
>> others are not running/ticking?
>>
>> See patch below. If you uncomment added printfs, TA3 should run well. If I
>> keep it as it is, tasks are just started and after short period of time I
>> get a lot of messages to the console -- I cannot read them, since it
>> scrolls too fast and its VGA. I've tried the same in Qemu and got:
>> silence:/images$ ~/usr/local/qemu-2005-12-18/bin/qemu -fda
>> /images/grub-boot.flp
>

> I get the same thing with my RPMs but when I use my gcc tools from the head,
> ticker runs.  They were built January 24.

You mean gcc from trunk? i.e. 4.2 experimental? If so, then which
binutils?

> Also FWIW I am using a serial port as a console on qemu.
> Looking at the address, my first guess would be a blown stack
> somewhere.

Yes, but how is it possible and especially how is it possible with so many
gcc/binutils toolchain combination? The pity is I'm not able to find the
source tree I used for pc386 timer hacking in August 2005, that might help
us with debugging of this...

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com