Error linking tarfile image in m68k/coldfire RTEMS 4.7

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 29 14:53:01 UTC 2007

I'm starting to build my code with the latest RTEMS 4.7 toolchain and
the RTEMS 4.7 CVS snapshot. I'm using the m68k/coldfire tools and the
uC5282 BSP until I get my BSPs ported over.

When I build a RTEMS application that uses the IMFS file system
tarfile image, I get the following error:

cd rootfs ; tar cf ../o-optimize/tarfile web etc
cp o-optimize/tarfile .
m68k-rtems4.7-ld -r -o o-optimize/temp.o  o-optimize/init.o \
         -b binary tarfile
m68k-rtems4.7-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file tarfile
make: *** [o-optimize/netdemo.exe] Error 1

Is there an updated ld option for this?

I have worked past a couple of other minor issues too, Is there a
4.6.x -> 4.7 FAQ on the Wiki?

Thanks,
Alan