Webserver Woes with mcf5235 (BCC) and rtems 4.7.1

CWolfe at motioncontrol.org CWolfe at motioncontrol.org
Fri Jul 6 13:01:21 UTC 2007

Hi All,
	I recently fixed the network driver for the bsp, and would like to use the GoAhead
webserver, but I have been having issues with serving pages. For some unknown reason,
illegal characters are being injected into/showing up in the http responses. While I feel
confident that It is a driver/configuration issue, I am not sure where to start. I have attempted
changing buffer descriptor alignment, MTU size, mbuf and mbuf cluster sizes, Usecs per tick
and some other random odds and ends. At one poijnt yesterday, for a few hours, the problem
vanished mysteriously, and the webserver was running correctly, though such is not the case
now. I have checked the contents of the files in flash, and they are correct, so the erors are
definitely being produced by the network driver/stack, but i don't know why. From ethereal, I
have noticed that the checksums are bad in all of the packets sent out from the board, but I
don't know how much that helps or not. I would appreciate any advice anyone could give.
Best Regards,
Christopher Wolfe