Paranoia Results on PowerPC

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jul 23 19:42:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have been running paranoia on psim and the gen5200
BSP.  Both report the following as a minor flaw:;;;;

Addition/Subtraction neither rounds nor chops.
Sticky bit used incorrectly or not at all.
TEST: lack(s) of guard digits or failure(s) to correctly round or chop
(noted above) count as one flaw in the final tally below
ERROR: Severity: FLAW:  lack(s) of guard digits or failure(s) to
correctly round or chop
(noted above) count as one flaw in the final tally below.
PASS: lack(s) of guard digits or failure(s) to correctly round or chop
(noted above) count as one flaw in the final tally below

Is this as good at the PowerPC gets?  Is it possible the
FPSCR isn't initialized such that the results are better?

I spotted one online result from a non-GCC compiler which
had the same result on the PowerPC.  So I am suspicious this
is just the way it is.

Does anyone have a PowerPC system to compare against?  I
am especially interested in results from a PowerPC Mac or
UNIX based system.

Thanks.

--joel