Cortex-M3 support?

Mike Panetta mprtems at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 24 14:24:02 UTC 2009

I have been looking at CVS head and noticed that there is no cortex-m3 support in RTEMS.  Has anyone started work on this?  If yes, is the code available somewhere?  If no, where would one start a port for this ARM core?  It does not seem to quite fit in with the current ARM code in that exception handling is somewhat different...  Would one create a cortex-m3 directory under libcpu/arm,libbsp/arm, etc, or just put the code directly in the respective arm dir for this port?  I don't think adding CPU support for this core would be such a big deal, its just figuring out where to put it... BSP support on the other hand may be another matter...

Any help, suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike