Test Version of new RTEMS Web Site

Fri Mar 5 22:05:32 UTC 2010

On 03/05/2010 03:36 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> On 03/05/2010 06:20 AM, Aanjhan R wrote:
> I also noticed the Wiki needs to change. Joel, are you able to copy the wiki
> to rtems.info so I can hack on the theme ?

Yes but I would prefer to get the Drupal live before
tinkering with that if you don't mind.
>>> 2. The news updates below on the main page can have a clear
>>> distinction between the posts. Something like a box for every news
>>> update. Will look prettier and more readable.
>>>

>> Again.. style issue.
>>
>> I also meant to ask if it was possible to not use a separate
>> line for the date.  Or at least put the date below the news
>> item.
>>
> Yes and yes. I will take a look. Big plug for Firebug here. With out it I
> could make these changes. It is a really neat piece of software.

:)
>> I think I will get Jeff to help me install the rewrite rules
>> on rtems.org today so we can move this over.  I think it is
>> close enough to just move it when that is done.
>>
> We need to sort out the apache redirect rules first or the wiki, maybe
> bugzilla and other packages on rtems.org will vanish. We get away with it on
> rtems.info because it is not rtems.org.

I would like to get the redirect rules working on rtems.info
also.  It occurred to me that we could add the setup for
the "constant URL" content like license to rtems.info and
debug it over there.  When it works, we just move the rules.

Yes.  We need to be careful to avoid making content disappear. :)

--joel