gcov question

Mariana Solaro msolaro at invap.com.ar
Thu Sep 2 13:42:12 UTC 2010

Hello, I have a question about gcov an how to use it.
We are using the sparc ERC32 processor, and the RTEMS 4.10 version.
We've seen that there is a tool called gcov that allows it to measure
the tests coverage. We don´t know exactly how to use it with RTEMS. We
already try to compile the source code with the -ftest-coverage and
-fprofile-arcs options, but it only generates the .gcno files, and not
the .gcda files, so when using gcov, the coverage indicated is 0%.
When the linker starts it says that it can't find the __gcov_init and
__gcov_merge_add functions.
So, I would like to know how to use the gcov and gprof tools with RTEMS
if it is posible.

Thank You!

Bye