CVS to Git News

Thu Nov 10 23:31:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have posted a news item about the conversion
which should provide more insight.

http://rtems.org/node/89

Chris Johns has written a very nice piece for
my blog on Open Source and Generational
Differences.  It captures a lot of the thoughts
that we have been wrestling with.

http://rtemsramblings.blogspot.com/2011/11/open-source-and-generational.html

I recommend that anyone interested in RTEMS read
both these. As a community, we talk a lot about
source code, cycles, etc. -- but Chris and I
have been pondering what it means for a software
project to be over 20 years old and want to be
around for another 20.