Remote GDB

Pierre Ficheux pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
Thu Jun 14 11:21:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I try to use remote GDB with RTEMS. Is the following document still "up
to date" ?

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/package/rtems/doc/html/rtems-gdb-stub

1- The command "target rtems-remote" does not exist in the cross gdb.

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=i386-rtems4.11".
Reading symbols from
/home/pierre/OpenWide/Formations/OW/RTEMS/examples-PF/boucle/o-optimize/boucle.exe...done.
(gdb) target rtems-remote
Undefined target command: "rtems-remote ".  Try "help target".
(gdb)

2- When I add "rtems_gdb_start (0, "/dev/ttyS0");" to a simple "Hello
World" program I receive the error:

"Creating Task 'GDBd' (status: too many)"

in rtems_gdb_thread_helper() function from rtems-stub.c.

Any idea?

Thx by advance

PS: Here is the application code:

rtems_task Init(
   rtems_task_argument ignored
)
{
   register int i;

   rtems_gdb_start (0, "/dev/ttyS0");

   printf( "\n\n<Looping>\n\n" );

   for (i = 0 ; i < 10 ; i++)
     printf( "i= %d\n", i);

   printf( "\n</Looping>\n" );

   exit (0);
}

Pierre FICHEUX  -/- CTO OWI, France -\- pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
                                          http://ingenierie.openwide.fr
                                          http://www.ficheux.org
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code