Netdemo with Altera Cyclone V SoC development kit

Adit Sahasrabudhe asahasra at fb.com
Tue Apr 7 20:55:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has experience running the netdemo example on the Altera Cyclone V SoC development kit? The problem I’m having seems to be related to ARP tables, but I’m not quite sure.

My setup:
Host PC – Centos 6.6, using Eclipse to load and debug code. IP address of 192.168.0.5
Target board – Altera CV development kit, running netdemo example. IP address of 192.168.0.2 (see attached networkconfig.h file)

These systems are on a local network connected to each other via an ethernet switch, and are the only two devices attached. I have wireshark running on my host computer and it never sees any traffic from the device. The host is continually sending ARP requests that go unanswered. As a result, when I try to telnet or ping the device, I get the error “no route to host”. I can send the ‘u’ command to netdemo and it says it transmits UDP packets to 192.168.0.5, but again nothing shows up on wireshark. I have also attached the log from netdemo showing the ‘u’ and ’s’ commands.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Adit