RSB autoconf has issue

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jan 5 22:11:23 UTC 2017

On 06/01/2017 04:31, Pham, Phong wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I read your RTEMS Source Builder
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/rsb/#X1
>
> and run into an issue below.

I am sorry I am not sure how the link you referenced in the doco relates
to the issue in the error report.

> I haven’t heard anything from
> users at rtems.org <mailto:users at rtems.org>.
>
> Pls. advise, thanks,

I did not receive the email and the list archive
(https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2017-January/date.html) does
not show the email as having been posted to the list.

> I just follow along the instruction under section 2.4 at
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/rsb/#X1
>
> and run into autoconf issue (see attachment).  Looks to me like the RSB
> is trying to download autoconf 2.69-1 and from

> Looks like this autoconf version has a bug.  I also noticed my autoconf
> version is 2.69-11; however, from what I am reading, RSB will download
> its own version independent of what user has.  Is there something I am
> missing?

No nothing is missing. I guess debian has patched autoconf as indicated
in the bug report and yes the RSB does download it's own version, this
is a requirement of the RTEMS kernel source the RSB needs to meet.

I guess a recent texinfo version has exposed the issue. I suggest you
get the patch from the link in the bug report, create a patch for
rtems-tools.git to add the autoconf patch, then create a patch to the
RSB adding the patch to the autoconf build, finally 'git send-email' the
patches to devel at rtems.org for review.

>           Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
>           contain Data Device Corporation's privileged and proprietary
>           information. It is intended solely for the use of the
>           individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not
>           the named recipient of this transmission, any disclosure,
>           copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this
>           message is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error,
>           please destroy it and any attached files and notify me
>           immediately.

Please read: