RTEMS ethernet stack and drvmgr

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 4 13:54:14 UTC 2019

On 04/12/2019 14:49, Jan.Sommer at dlr.de wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Since I just read the question from Fernando, I was wondering if the (recommended) Ethernet stack of rtems-libbsd does work with the greth driver of the drvmgr as well?
> The greth driver, as most of the other Ethernet drivers of other BSPs,  calls the ether_ifattach function at some point.
> In the current sources of FreeBSD the prototype of this function seems to be different.
> Do I understand it correctly that all drivers doing that are only compatible to the network stack included with "-enable-networking"?

All drivers written for the old network stack need to be converted
manually to the new network stack (libbsd). We did this for at least
four drivers before and it is mostly a boring semi-mechanical task.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09