installing Doorstop on macOS (for RTEMS use)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Oct 31 06:33:23 UTC 2019

On 31/10/19 5:21 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 30/10/2019 21:39, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> Ok, great. Thanks for all the testing and other valuable input.
>>>
>>> I think on macOS we have now five options:
>>>
>>> 1. homebrew
>>>
>>> 2. MacPorts
>>>
>>> 3. python.org installer
>>>
>>> 4. pyenv
>>>
>>> 5. wait for Apple to ship a Python 3
>>>
>>> We need a recommendation for the user manual.
>>>

>> I suggest 3. because it is the simplest to do and it does not step on global
>> paths.
>
> Ok.
>

>> Can we assume Doorstop is only needed if developing or maintaining RTEMS?
>
> Yes, definitely.
>
> You mean the user manual is not the right place to add Python 3.6+ to the host
> computer requirements? We could add this to the RTEMS Software Engineering manual.

Good question. If there is nothing in the User Manual related to developing or
maintaining RTEMS then yes the eng manual would be the correct place. I am sure
we will find other things that are specific to each host. For example I will
need to add a section to the eng manual on the release procedure and this has a
range of specific packages that are needed.

Chris