Advice on JTAG debugging RTEMS for ARM (beaglebone)

James Fitzsimons james.fitzsimons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 22:27:07 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to debug an RTEMS application on a TI AM3358 ARM processor
(Beaglebone Black) and the RTEMS startup code is halting on the bsp_fdt_get
call.

I'm using TI Code Composer Studio to load the RTEMS application image via
XDS100 V3.0 debugger. If I reset the program counter and step through the
startup code I see it error on the bsp_fdt_get() call.

My IDE isn't copying an fdt image to the expected location the way uboot
would, and so this makes sense. My question is how do other people get
around this problem?

Has anyone else used a similar setup and solved this issue?

Many thanks for any advice you can provide.

Cheers,
James