Barrier Manager cross-node behaviour

Jerzy J yuralogplus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 23:04:25 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm using RTEMS 6 and I'm trying to model the Barrier Manager behaviour
using Promela.
However, there's one unclear thing to me which I couldn't find an exact
explanation of in the documentation.

While the `rtems_barrier_ident` directive can only search on the local
node, if a task already had an id of the barrier from a different node,
would it be able to call the `rtems_barrier_wait` directive on that
barrier, or would it get INVALID_ID return code?
In other words, can a task from one node, call directives on a barrier from
another node if it had an id of the barrier?

I would also assume that behaviour would be consistent for `delete` and
`release` directives as well? Although it is mentioned in the `delete`
directive constraints that only local tasks can delete a barrier, in other
directives it is not listed as a constraint.

Thanks you in advance and all the best,
Jerzy