RTEMS Snapshot 4.6.99.2 and new RPMs

Fri Sep 2 17:23:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have cut the 4.6.99.2 snapshot and placed it on the ftp
site.  All problems fixed in the 4.6 release series should be
fixed in this source as well.  In addition, this includes
new BSPs, improvements, and additional features. See
http://www.rtems.org/rtems-4.7/index.html for an overview
of the changes from the 4.6 series.

I do not expect that this snapshot is perfect.  I
do believe it is in pretty good shape though.

For the snapshots to turn into a 4.7 release branch,
we need to discover and squash bugs.  Please test on
your hardware and update the appropriate BSP specific
page on the Wiki to indicate your results.  If there
are problems, report them.

It is available at:

ftp://www.rtems.com/pub/rtems/4.6.99.2/

or

http://www.rtems.com/ftp/pub/rtems/4.6.99.2/

The following new tool RPMs are also available and correspond
to what was used to test this snapshot.  The apt repository
information has been updated to reflect the availability of
these new tools.

   - rtems-4.7-autoconf-rtems-2.59-4
   - rtems-4.7-automake-rtems-1.9.6-0
   - rtems-4.7-binutils-2.16.1-3
   - rtems-4.7-gcc4.0.1newlib1.13.0-4
   - rtems-4.7-gdb-6.3-1

Thanks.

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985