[RTEMS Project] #3870: libc_reent set up is broken

RTEMS trac trac at rtems.org
Wed Feb 12 06:20:05 UTC 2020

#3870: libc_reent set up is broken
 Reporter:  Chris Johns  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  high         |   Milestone:  5.1
Component:  score        |     Version:  5
 Severity:  normal       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |  Blocked By:
 Blocking:  3859         |

Comment (by Chris Johns):

 Looking into the test failure it would seems `stdout` is not overwritten
 in RTEMS 5's newlib. I wonder if this issue has been fixed.

 The following trace shows this...
 ]] 3 0x20162b0 0 0x2017f70
 ]] 4 0x20162b0 0 0x201b328
 ]] 5 0x20162b0 1 0x201b328
 The columns are an `id`, the `_reent` pointer, `_reent->__sdidinit` and
 Id 3 is before the open in the test, 4 is after the open and 5 is after an
 As you can see `__sdidinit` is true after the `fflush` call and `stdout`
 is still the new file pointer.

 I change `setvbuf` to `fflush` and the test passed with the correct file

 I have tested adding a call to `__sinit` in `newlib_create_hook` and it
 fixes the issue. I will reassign this bug to 4.11 and post a patch.

Ticket URL: <http://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3870#comment:8>
RTEMS Project <http://www.rtems.org/>
RTEMS Project

More information about the bugs mailing list