Memory Protection (Attributes)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Dec 5 18:52:43 UTC 2011

bcc: rtems-users

Hi,
I am working to bring primitives for real-time memory protection to
RTEMS, and as a first step I have designed a solution for
setting/enforcing attributes on memory regions. The design is in three
layers: a high-level API (cpukit) layer, a middle layer for CPU family
support (libcpu), and a low-level layer for hardware-specific support
(libcpu/libbsp).

I have written a description of the API layer [1] and would appreciate
any feedback. I prefer to have the feedback given publicly to the
rtems-devel mailing list (or privately to me directly).

I will describe the other layers in the near future.
-Gedare

[1] http://gedare-csphd.blogspot.com/2011/12/rtems-memory-protection-api.html