Memory Protection (Attributes)

Julien Delange julien.delange at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:34:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Thomas Doerfler > And I hope you will
go on in this attempt, so don't get my partial
> critics wrong. I think MP will be an important feature for realtime
> systems in the future, so we need a proper, common, portable API in RTEMS.

I am just wondering why you need memory protection in RTEMS. In
general-purpose systems, I understand the need for safety/security.
But I don't know if there is a strong need for application that would
use RTEMS as a target platforn. Do you have an example of a system
that will require such a service and how it would use it ?