Memory Protection (Attributes)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Dec 6 00:58:36 UTC 2011

On Dec 5, 2011, at 7:28 , Chris Johns wrote:

> One thing Gedare and I have discussed when we meet earlier this year is
> a process type solution is not what we see as a suitable model. We see
> issues in offering that type of solution.

What do you mean by "a process type solution"?

If you mean a thread/task corresponds to a unix flavor process then I agree.

I don't see the "use case" (boy, I personally hate that term) of "memory protection available, memory protection completely irrelevant" as a valid "use case" under RTEMS.

(I'd say programming model or something and not use case).

Peter