Memory Protection (Attributes)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Dec 6 17:34:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Doerfler
<Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> 5.) The term "region" already has a different meaning in the RTEMS
> context, you know the "Classic API" object type "Region". UPS, and
> here we have a collision with my recommendation in topic 4.

I started by just extending what the GSOC students had done, but a lot
of the same kind of infrastructure exists in the region manager (and
also in the partition manager). I will think on how someday we might
adapt regions/partitions to the memory protection scheme.