CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE

Wed Dec 7 18:45:56 UTC 2011

On 12/07/2011 12:39 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was reviewing some of the configure options for specifying stack
> sizes and came across some odd-seeming behavior.
>
> CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE can be defined by an application to
> increase the size of all of its task stacks (and implicitly the init
> task and interrupt stacks). It seems wrong/wasteful to propagate the
> user-defined CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE to both the idle and
> interrupt stacks, perhaps these should be CPU_STACK_MINIMUM_SIZE
> unless defined by the user explicitly?
>
> By the way I don't see CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE in the
> documentation, so maybe I'm incorrect in thinking it is a "public"
> configure option?
It is a typo that someone noticed reasonably recently.  It
should have a PR to make the documentation match
confdefs.h.  The constant is incorrectly named
CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE in the manual.

I don't know how many branches this impacted so it
needed a PR so it could be applied where appropriate.