Fwd: 2011 Newlib snapshot approaching

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Dec 14 01:59:48 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 12:09 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Again.. something I am sure we all expected..
>
> newlib-1.19.0-rtems4.11-20111006.diff is 6336
> lines long and the ChangeLog diff looks like most of this
> is third party submissions which I would expect are already
> merged.
This perception is wrong.

Most of the rtems-newlib*.diff _is_ the diff between upstream's current
CVS and upstream's latest tarball.

The actual diff between newlib-CVS and rtems-newlib is very small.

> How much of this patch is unmerged? Can we
> approach a 0 line diff?
Impossible, because we have patches which are conflicting with upstream.

It's not much of a secret, I am leaning towards formally forking away
from upstream newlib.

Ralf