Yum Repo Broken for F15?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Dec 14 02:44:46 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 12:21 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I removed my RTEMS packages to make space for an
> upgrade. When I went to reinstall them, I got this:
>
> Total download size: 335 M
> Installed size: 1.6 G
> Downloading Packages:
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> Processing delta metadata
> Package(s) data still to download: 335 M
> ftp://ftp.rtems.eu/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6/i386/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils-2.22-1.fc15.i686.rpm:
> [Errno 14] Unknown Error: URL= , scheme=
> Trying other mirror.
> http://www.rtems.info/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6/i386/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils-2.22-1.fc15.i686.rpm:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found :
> http://www.rtems.info/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6/i386/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils-2.22-1.fc15.i686.rpm
>
> Trying other mirror.
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6/i386/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils-2.22-1.fc15.i686.rpm:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found :
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6/i386/rtems-4.11-arm-rtems4.11-binutils-2.22-1.fc15.i686.rpm
>
> Trying other mirror.
The files on the servers seem OK to me.

> I am heading out the door but it looks like they are installing OK
> directly using RPM.
My guess would be you are facing effects of a invalid/outdated or
corrupt yum cache (c.f. the "CLEANING SECTION" in man yum).
yum clean expire-cache; yum {install|update} ...
or similar is supposed to help in such occasions.

If not, it's likely we are having a problem.

404 however looks like a network issue somewhere?

BTW: Was this from inside OAR's network?
Several of my gdb-build jobs have died with bizarre build errors, I have
no real explanation for. Some of them look like effects of a networking
issues other like dying HW. An explanation bor both would be a
man-in-the-middle attack or a misconfigured router/machine on OAR's
network (e.g. duplicate IP addresses)

Ralf