change log for rtems (2011-12-14)

Wed Dec 14 14:04:47 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 03:28 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 10:11 AM, rtems-vc at rtems.org wrote:
>>    *sh*:
>> 2011-12-14	Sebastian Huber<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>
> [termios type changes]
>
> ... just to have mentioned it ...
>
> Sebastian, I hope you are aware, you are about to open a can of worms?
>
> Of those 5000 warnings, I recently mentioned I am observing with
> agressive CFLAGS, ca. 2000 are related to RTEMS having issues with
> signed<->unsigned conversions and unsafe implicit signed/unsigned casts.
>
> ... ca. half of these have their origin in termios ...
>
> I deliberately abstained from activating the flags in the official
> source-tree to prevent folks from resorting to hyperactivity and
> introducing bogus casts.
I had a patch locally a month or so ago to start using unsigned
internal to termios and down to the drivers.  If the data is raw,
then you want all bits.  But as you noted, it is a large string to
pull to address the implications of changing that.

I recall two termios callouts to the driver needed to change and
that rippled.