change log for rtems (2011-12-10)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Dec 13 05:46:24 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 06:28 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 13/12/11 4:19 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Yes, -Wmissing-prototypes is sufficiently old to be supported by ancient
>> GCCs, such as the nios2 toolchain.
>
> Great and thanks.
>
>> But why are you asking?  Doesn't it work for you?
>
> I have not tried.
OK, that's what I had assumed.

> There where some flags at one point that did not work which you have
> fixed.
Correct.

IIRC, it was some -Werror=.... flag. These are not supported by
gcc-4.1.x, which had broken building RTEMS for the nios2.

In a perfect world, we would have to check the compiler for whether it
accepts each single flag we have hard-coded somewhere, but this is
unlikely to happen any time soon, because this is far from being trivial
and because the benefits would be minor.

Ralf