[rtems-libbsd commit] Use MIPS in_cksum.c for SPARC

Tue Apr 17 16:48:12 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 10:10 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 04/17/2012 05:07 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Any particular rationale on why to use the MIPS for SPARC?
> The "netinet/in_chksum.c" is incomplete.
I noticed that. :( It is missing the "skip" routine.
>> Is there some reasoning possible would mean it makes sense
>> to use the MIPS implementation on other architectures?
> The MIPS implementation appears to work everywhere.
Great! It looked fairly optimized when I looked at it.
>   TODO: Write a test case
> for this.

If the GSOC project for libbsd is slotted, this would be a logical task
to include in it. The first phase of that project was to address in_cksum.

 From there, it moved into other areas like linkcmds changes,
evaluation of existing NIC drivers, etc. Addressing the breadth
that an effort to get it working in the first place isn't going to
tackle.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985